Hydra Super S RAID
The Hydra Super S is designed to house up to four 3.5″ SATA hard drives with the option to setup your drives with different RAID configurations. Use it as a reliable backup for your important data with RAID 1/10, for optimal performance and speed with RAID 0 striping, or select RAID 5 for the perfect balance between high performance and data integrity. In case of a drive failure, the removable hot swap rack makes installing and replacing the hard drives quick and easy.
- Configurable hardware RAID controller (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10)
- Utilizes hardware accelerated RAID rebuild engine
- Supports SATA II Gen2m specification with 3.0Gbps and 1.5Gbps data rates
- Supports SATA HDD ATA7
- Universal interfaces including eSATA, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 and USB 2.0
- USB mass-storage compliant
- Smart Fan (automatically regulates fan speed according to the internal temperature)
- Alarm buzzer when fan or power supply is defective
- 2TB volume switch for systems that do not support large volumes
- “Hot Swap” removable rack
The Hydra Super-S Combo comes with a choice of four different interfaces all combined into one single unit. FireWire 800 and eSATA where maximizing transfer speed is most important and the more common FireWire 400 or high speed USB 2.0 connections for flexibility to access your data on workstations that do not offer the modern eSATA or FireWire 800 connections. To keep your drives cool, the Hydra uses smart fan technology. It automatically regulates fan speed according to the internal temperature and sounds an alarm when the fan fails to spin up. This function plus the rubber padded feet not only optimises cooling but also reduces the noise level.